Personal information we collect
We collect only the personal information that we need to administer your account.
We collect information from the following sources:
- You - as provided in writing, through email, by fax, or by phone
- Your agent - as provided in writing, through email, by fax, or by phone
- Outside parties - for example, your prior insurance carrier, or anyone to whom you may have reported a loss
Personal information we disclose
None, except as listed below:
- As you may request.
- As required by law or regulation.
- As required to process your application or policy including the determination and collection of premiums and the investigation, adjustment and supervision of claims.
- As needed in the event of a transfer of policy representation to another agent by either the Insurance Company or Deans & Homer.
The security of personal information collected via the web site
Deans & Homer has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Deans & Homer stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the web site if we become aware of any such security breach.
Deans & Homer's websites are not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information through the websites represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Deans & Homer may revise this policy at any time by updating this posting.