Deans & Homer Commercial Lines Products

Programs for businesses

Building Coverage

Premier Building Owner's Package Policy / Premier Building Owner's Policy

The Premier policies afford superior property coverage for commercial, tenant occupied properties under well-written leases. Deans & Homer provides a market for well maintained commercial and mixed-use buildings. Liability coverage is available.

Rental Dwelling Policy

The rental dwelling product is designed to cover one to four family, well maintained rental dwellings. To be eligible for coverage, dwellings must be bolted to their foundations and have no hillside or slope exposure. One blanket limit of insurance applies for all loss to real property, personal property and loss of rental income.

Planned Unit Development

The Planned Unit Development (P.U.D.) program is designed to insure HOA's for their common area property, general liability, and crime/employee dishonesty exposures

Self Storage Policy

In addition to the coverage provided by other package policies, the Self Storage Policy provides coverage for exposures which are specific to the storage industry, including damage to customers' property and liability for disposing of customers' goods.

Personal Property Coverage

The Business Personal Property Policy provides coverage for business personal property and tenant's improvements installed by the insured, and business personal property of others for which the insured is legally liable.

Inland Marine Coverage

Builder's Risk

The Builder's Risk Policy covers property for new structures in the course of construction. Deans & Homer provides a market for commercial and residential properties, from single structures to tract development. Deans & Homer does not provide coverage for apartments, townhouses, or condominiums under construction.

Contractor's Property

The Contractor's Property Policy covers property and inland marine for general contractors or subcontractors. Coverage is available for structures, business personal property, contractor's equipment, and, exclusively for subcontractors, installation risk.

Contractor's Equipment

The Contractor's Equipment Form covers mobile equipment (not licensed for road use) and tools. Leased/Rented Equipment and Rental Expense coverages are also available.


The Installation Risk Policy covers the installing subcontractor against loss to materials, supplies, machinery, equipment, and fixtures which are intended to become a permanent part of an installation. Property is covered while in transit, at a temporary storage facility awaiting installation, at the jobsite, and throughout the actual installation process.


The Transportation Floater insures the owner of property against loss or damage to the property while it is being transported.

The Motor Truck Cargo Broad Form provides coverage for the truckers and carriers who do not own the goods they are transporting.

Other Inland Marine

Deans & Homer is a market for a variety of inland marine risks. The following is a partial listing of other types of coverages Deans & Homer writes:

  • Accounts Receivable Coverage
  • Commercial Articles Floater
  • Exhibition Coverage
  • Fine Arts Dealers Coverage
  • Miscellaneous Property Coverage
  • Mobile Agriculture Equipment Coverage
  • Musical Instruments Coverage
  • Signs Coverage
  • Trip Transit Coverage
  • Valuable Papers Coverage
  • Warehouseman's Legal Liability Coverage
  • Other Monoline Inland Marine Coverage